- It can be difficult to find the support you need, especially when you have a condition that isn’t well-known or well-understood by many healthcare providers. Virtual health consults and coaching allow you to go beyond the limitations of your current medical team or insurance restrictions to partner with a specialist who can help you reach your goals. Health consults/coaching are considered wellness care and are not covered by insurance. The medical system often fails to meet the needs of people with chronic, complex conditions. Going outside the system allows you to ensure that:
- Your voice is heard
- Your concerns are addressed
- Your hopes and goals are a priority
When you book a health consult, you will be emailed a google form so that you can provide me with background information. I will review the information in advance of our meeting so that we can focus on your goals for the session. If you decide you would benefit from further support, we can set up health coaching sessions to ensure that you have the guidance you need to move toward your goals.
Virtual sessions fit well with my unique approach of empowering self-care and self-management of symptoms. Even manual therapy can be adapted for self-mobilization/self-massage, putting the power to address your body's needs in your own hands. I coach clients to try a movement/exercise and sense how it feels internally, rather than aspire to make a movement look a certain way externally. Adjustments to exercises are based on your felt sense and the feedback your body provides, which can easily be done over video sessions.
I frequently work with clients who have a local therapy team that they see for in-person sessions. I am happy to consult and provide guidance to your local team of therapists, trainers, etc. This is particularly useful when your team is not well-versed in your condition and are open to suggestions from a specialist.
Health consults and coaching can be used in a variety of ways to support your goals. Some common uses include:
- Reviewing a client’s case and providing specialized information and guidance for those with:
- Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS)
- Long COVID/Post-Acute COVID Syndrome (PACS)
- pelvic floor dysfunction, pelvic pain and/or constipation-related abdominal pain and bloating
- Providing a second opinion and alternatives in the case of chronic pain or symptoms that have not improved with a traditional PT approach.
- Advising on treatment strategies that you can implement independently or with the help of your local rehabilitation team.
- Offering a more holistic perspective and treatment options, including individualized guided meditation and yoga therapy.
Progressing a home/self-care program, including individualized adaptation of the Levine Protocol, autonomic conditioning therapy for post-acute COVID (ACT for PACS,) or strengths/stability exercises for hypermobility.
Please note that Online Health Coaching/Consultation is not a replacement for medical care and does not qualify as medical care as a stand-alone service. It is an out-of-pocket expense that is not reimbursable by insurance.
For individuals, initial Consultation rates are $150/hour. After booking an online Consultation below, you will be emailed a "New Client Intake" form and instructions for joining a Zoom meeting prior to your meeting time. The cost of consultation includes a follow-up email with recommendations. Should you require detailed notes that can be shared with your healthcare team, and additional $75 will be charged.
For individuals needing ongoing guidance, follow-up health coaching sessions for established clients are $120/hour.
Feel free to contact Dr. Lewan if:
- you have questions about consulting/coaching
- you are a clinician seeking professional mentoring opportunities
- you don't see any openings on the schedule that work for you
To Book a Consultation:
Catherine is an energetic, bright, and passionate facilitator. She makes class fun and enjoyable!
Catherine kept the material fun to learn throughout the whole day! She is an impressive presenter! The whole course was well organized and had great handouts.
– Anna L
Catherine is very engaging, passionate about getting her message across, and has a good sense of humor. Her course was fun and useful.
This instructor is great! I will be taking more courses with her. She has the ability to communicate information in an interesting manner. I think this is the best instructor I have ever taken a (continuing education) class with!
– Janet L
Catherine has a very effective style, and is open to questions. She is very knowledgable, with good visuals, hands-on instruction, and example exercises. Great course! Thank you!
Very clear, inspirational and motivational. Passionate about her subject. Great teacher and course!
“This was a great course, I think all therapists should attend. It is time for more focused attention to incontinence (and associated fall risk) in SNF/LTC and outpatient populations. I am so grateful I was able to attend and will be able to work this into our current rehab programs. “
I took a course from you a couple years ago about using pilates/yoga with geriatric patients. You presented the material in a smooth, understandable, and engaging way. I was just getting into yoga at the time, and you helped spur me onward into that wonderful realm. I am currently going over, again, the workbook from that course. Just wanted you to know that you helped to re-energize an old physical therapist’s practice of his profession, and continue to influence in a very positive way the outcomes of all my patient interactions. I offer you my sincere gratitude.
Excellent speaker with a nice balance of lecture, lab, and shared case scenarios.