Dr. Lewan's enthusiasm for bringing evidence into clinical practice is contagious. She uses her experience as a therapist, teacher and performing artist to create Continuing Education that is engaging and educational.
Professional Education Courses
- Long COVID: Biopsychosocial Considerations for Rehabilitation-- 7.5 hour CE hours of a recorded live course that covers a variety of post-COVID phenotypes and includes lecture, discussion and experiential labs for self-paced learning. CE is pre-approved for physical therapists in Illinois and for yoga therapists through the International Association of Yoga Therapists. Purchase using the button below to access a dropbox folder with videos of the course as well as additional resources for working with post-COVID clients.
Dr. Lewan is a faculty member of Summit Professional Education and has created the following Continuing Education Courses for rehabilitation professionals that are available on-demand:
- 2 hour CE Webinar on Post-COVID Syndrome: Considerations for Rehabilitation
- 2 hour CE Webinar on Hypermobility Spectrum Disorders with an emphasis on the role of rehabilitation
- 2 hour CE Webinar on Pelvic Floor UPDATES including COVID/Long COVID's effect on pelvic health and management of neurologic bowel/bladder symptoms
- Therapeutic Exercise: Yoga and Pilates for Older Adults
- Functional Pelvic Floor Training for Weakness, Pain, and Dysfunction in Men, Women, and Older Adults
Dr. Lewan has created custom Continuing Education for variety of audiences including rehab specialties (PT/PTA/OT/COTA,) medical students and Nurse-Midwives. These CE courses have been presented at national conferences, on location for rehab teams, or online in webinar format. Recent 1-2 day courses include Innovative Interventions to Reduce Falls and Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation for Improving Function in Older Adults: External Techniques for Non-Specialists. Please contact Dr. Lewan if you are interested in hosting a course that meets the needs of your group.
Yoga Teacher/Yoga Therapist Training
As a Pelvic Health specialist, Dr. Lewan serves as faculty for Amala School of Prenatal Yoga, presenting on Anatomy, Physiology, and Exercise Science of Pre- and Post-natal Yoga as part of an 85 hour Prenatal Yoga Teacher Certification. Her online course Foundations for Prenatal Yoga: Anatomy, Physiology and Exercise Science prepares yoga teachers and therapists to create programs to keep prenatal students moving safely and prepare them for optimal postpartum recovery.
Dr. Lewan's Workshops are designed for yoga therapists, teachers and students who are interested in applying current concepts of therapeutic exercise, anatomy/physiology, neuroscience and injury prevention to a physical yoga practice. Catherine is a continuing education provider (YACEP) through Yoga Alliance and an Approved Professional Development (APD) provider though the International Association of Yoga Therapists.
Please contact Dr. Lewan if you are interested in professional mentoring opportunities.
Catherine has a very effective style, and is open to questions. She is very knowledgable, with good visuals, hands-on instruction, and example exercises. Great course! Thank you!
This instructor is great! I will be taking more courses with her. She has the ability to communicate information in an interesting manner. I think this is the best instructor I have ever taken a (continuing education) class with!
– Janet L
Very clear, inspirational and motivational. Passionate about her subject. Great teacher and course!
I took a course from you a couple years ago about using pilates/yoga with geriatric patients. You presented the material in a smooth, understandable, and engaging way. I was just getting into yoga at the time, and you helped spur me onward into that wonderful realm. I am currently going over, again, the workbook from that course. Just wanted you to know that you helped to re-energize an old physical therapist’s practice of his profession, and continue to influence in a very positive way the outcomes of all my patient interactions. I offer you my sincere gratitude.
Catherine is very engaging, passionate about getting her message across, and has a good sense of humor. Her course was fun and useful.
Catherine kept the material fun to learn throughout the whole day! She is an impressive presenter! The whole course was well organized and had great handouts.
– Anna L
Excellent speaker with a nice balance of lecture, lab, and shared case scenarios.
Catherine is an energetic, bright, and passionate facilitator. She makes class fun and enjoyable!
“This was a great course, I think all therapists should attend. It is time for more focused attention to incontinence (and associated fall risk) in SNF/LTC and outpatient populations. I am so grateful I was able to attend and will be able to work this into our current rehab programs. “